Utah State University
This module was developed to address this question It illustrates the use of Jupyter Notebooks and Python code running on Google Colab or HydroShare. It illustrates how to access data from files and from the internet.
Is it possible to set up a system for students doing a module in HydroLearn to run python code directly from an online console without installing python on their own computer? If so, how can data be accessed by the script?
The primary audience is instructors developing content for HydroLearn that includes code execution as part of the learning activities, but it may be of use to anyone who wants a simple Python data analysis example.
- Data and Code in Google Colab
- Data and Code in HydroShare
- To be able to execute code for simple data analysis using Python in Google Colab.
- To be able to execute code for simple data analysis using HydroShare JupyterHub.
- A Google account for the execution of code in Google Colab.
- A HydroShare account for the execution of code in JupyterHub platforms connected to HydroShare
Tarboton, D.G., (2020), Embedding data and code into a HydroLearn module. HydroLearn. https://edx.hydrolearn.org/courses/course-v1:Utah_State_University+EmbedCode101+1/about.